Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Natcave

(Alternative title, "Stalking Me, Stalking You")
Some of you have probably been wondering why I haven't been updating regularly. Well, I moved out of my parents house a week before Christmas. Since then I've been busy organising and settling into my new apartment. I bought some bookshelves and a desk from Ikea. I've finally taken out all my decorations and put them up.
There are a few things I still need to do, like putting curtains on my living room window and putting up pictures.

I'm renting, so I can't drill any nails in the wall. Luckily there are a few already in there, and I've been using the sticky hooks for other things.

Without further ado, here is my apartment:


It's a small apartment on the second story of a building. I'm very close to Perth city, it's a 30 minute walk into town.


I finally have room to decorate however I want. The first thing to go up was my framed Bauhaus tour poster that I couldn't put up in my old room.


To the left of the front door is my cupboard for cleaning items and my chest freezer I got from my parents. The living room bookshelf has all my non-fiction and DVDs.


To the right of the front door is my kitchen. My parents gave me heaps of stuff when I moved, like the microwave and a sandwich maker. They also bought me pots and pans. I've also stuck up some bats and skulls on the cupboards that peel off.


I got these cute oven mitts from Sourpuss.


I made a little space for my incense, candles and oil burner. I have a large fabric Kali print that I've stuck up with tape (I shouldn't really have this on the wall because I'll get into trouble). The brown cabinet is actually an old sewing machine! I have black storage boxes for other crap.


Here is a close-up of my shrine. My favourite things is the old postcard of the guys walking through a graveyard next to the lavender.


Here is my bedroom, featuring my attractive accordion wall dividers. My parents also bought me a double bed :)
 I have a little desk on the left hand side that has my sewing machine and a bunch of craft projects that I need to do.


Here is the other side of the room, towards the bathroom. My bedroom bookshelf holds all my fiction books. I'm very happy that I have a big wardrobe because I've never been able to hang up my clothes before.


Inside my bathroom looking towards the bedroom. You don't need to see my toilet :P
I love my shower curtain.


I recently got this awesome towel, also from Sourpuss. The calender is from my friends photography business.


My totally goth curtains. I need to get a step ladder to put up the ones in the living room.


The view from my living room window. I live across from a park!!

I'm very happy that I found such a great place. Everyone who's visited loves it, it's great to have my own space.

I've had no trouble from my neighbours, and I can't hear anything through the walls. The only annoying thing is the neighbour to my right who has a toddler who cries crocodile tears all the time.

4 comments:

V said...

Oooh! I do like your apartment,your bookshelf is awesome! Xxxx

Kate said...

You have the same stuffed voodoo doll on your bookshelf that i do!! It the cute little white guy with black pants and vest with a red bowtie. I named mine Tommy. lol, sorry just had to mention that :P Your appartment looks awesome btw

Tenebris In Lux said...

What a lovely view! I can almost smell the fresh air.

Elizabeth_Bethezda said...

Congratulations on your new place. I have those same skull/lace curtains up in my house and used to have the same Kali wall hanging. Cheers!