Sunday, March 11, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award


Wow! I got nominated twice for this award. Thanks to Le Professeur Gothique and Coffin Kitsch!

First off, I have to write seven things about myself and then tag 15 blogs that I love. It's so nice to be part of the Goth blogging community, I didn't know such a thing existed nor that I would be welcomed to fully :)

Seven things about me!:

1. I have a British passport and an Australian one. My dad is from Leicester in the UK, and I spent a year there in 2010 (might be heading back to the UK in 2013, give me a yell if you want to be stalked by me!)
2. I became a babybat when there was limited Internet access (let alone plus size goth clothing). Thus, the reason why I DIY.
3. My father is very accepting of the way I am. He's happy because I have finished my education and now have a great job. My mother is a different story, as I haven't spoken to her in years.
4. I have a hiccup that sounds like a mouse. My coworkers laugh so much at me for this :P
5. I have never drunk alcohol (nor will I ever). I am also anti-drug. I survive my nights dancing by drinking water.
6. 22 years old and never been kissed. Woe is me.
7. I always wanted to do something arty with my career, but there aren't many jobs in the arts. I thought of what I liked to do and chose to become a Library Technician. I never went to University because I'm too poor/not smart enough. I can do more training to become a Librarian, but I enjoy where I am at the moment. A Library Technician is basically one step lower than a Librarian, we just don't do manager roles. I'm currently in charge of journals at a Perth University. I work in a secret staff area that is blocked from the students (yay) and it's always wonderfully air conditioned.


Okay, now for the blogs, I only listed 12 -_-;; I'm going to list them and why I love them. I wish I could meet everyone of these women, I think we'd get along:

Le Professeur Gothique: You're seriously one awesome girl! I love all your clothes and reading about your adventures in New York. You're such a strong person, definitely someone I look up to.

Coffin Kitsch: I only started reading you blog not long ago (crazy, right?!) and I immediately wanted to know you! I read the whole backlog of your blog! I love seeing your lovely hair, and how ooky spooky you are.

Stripey Tights and Dark Delights: Formerly, Ultimate Goth Guide. Amy, you've done so much for the Goth community. Seriously, this is the most well written encyclopedia of Goth. When I first read your blog I thought you were my age, imagine my surprise! You're very mature and I'd love to meet you one day.

Sophistique Noir: I can never get over how lovely your outfits are! Your makeup is always wonderful and I love how your photos look so good. Keep up the work :)

The Gothic Two-Step: Ah, a lady after my own heart. I can imagine us sitting in the corner of a club being Uber Goth. Your love that your makeup looks dark and perfect!

Bethezda's Preoccupations: Yours is another blog that I haven't read until recently. I really love your makeup. You have nice smooth skin that I wish to have (creepy, no?) I love your reviews of products, and you can pull off the colour that I can't.

Siouxsie Law: THE Blog for awesome Goth legal news. This is a blog I check everyday because I love to the alternative news. I also love that Goths can be in so many interesting professions (although Law Libraries can be a pain :P)

Goth It Yourself: I love seeing the before and after shots of your house! I love the idea of doing all the DIY yourself, and admire your strength. Can't wait to see when it's all finished

Gothically Yours: I really enjoy reading the posts about your life and your outfits! You've very uber cute ^_^

Juliet's Lace: So many awesome posts to read! Love your ideas and your writing.

The Wulrus Room: I enjoy all your informative posts, and I have read your entire backlog. Keep being brilliant!

Sincerly, Boots: Super love your blog, keep posting!! :)

6 comments:

Meagan Kyla said...

Awww shucks! Thanks lovely lady :)
I think that is awesome that you don't drink and can enjoy yourself at a club without feeling the urge to get trashed. I wish some of my non-drinking friends would realize clubbing is about dancing and enjoying yourself and not just the bar experience!

Anonymous said...

Aw, *tackle* (((((HUGS)))))) You're too awesome for words, my dear. Seriously! One day you and I are going to get together to hang. I can promise you that! Lots of love from NYC!

J.Bane said...

Thank you so much! It touches me that you say you admire my strength because there have been times in my life when I felt very weak, when finding a tiny shred of strength buried in some dark corner of my self seemed an impossible task.
Bravo for clubbing without alcohol. You can have a blast and remember the whole night. :) I wish social drinkers didn't treat non-drinkers so awkwardly.
You work with books in a secret area that's wonderfully air
conditioned? I'm going to come steal your job!

Michelle said...

Hi, I came across your blog through Coffin Kitsch's blog award nomination! Great to see a fellow Australian goth blogging ;)

chrissy said...

Congrats!!! i love your blog, especially your outfit posts :) you always look so fab! ;)

Heidi said...

I really like that nose to ear chain :) Those ones are very stylish.