Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hobble Along

Oh man, my ankle is sore.
Last Saturday I went on my first long outing with my boot. I went with my lovely friend Dani. We went to Spotlight to pick up some craft materials.
I'm still really slow, and the boot restricts my ankle movement. I've been taking it off at night, because I want to be able to flex my ankle. It's so stiff, I can't even point my toes! :(

I'm wearing:
Cotton biker jacket: No Future (DIY by me)
Bikini Kill shirt: From their website
Skirt: Avella (Big W)
Tights: We Love Colors
Boots: Dr. Marten

I've also sewed some new new patches. This is the slater on my left arm. I love slaters, they're so cute! They're called pill bugs in America. I also call them roly polies :)
On my other arm I have the symbol for Pluto. Sailor Moon reference.

This is my first week back at work. I'm doing okay, and luckily there is not much that I've missed. I've been using the priority seating on public transport (gotta use it while I can!). Next week I'm going to Wagga Wagga for my university resident school.

4 comments:

Lady Xiberia said...

I love Your outfit each time, awesome jacket! :)

Meagan Kyla said...

That's so awesome that you're up moving around! I'm sure you're in a better mood and I love your smile!

The Cemetery Dreamer said...

That's a brilliant patch! We call them Wood Lice in the UK =]

Glad to see you can get around now, even if it is sore. I hope you heal fast!

J.Bane said...

Yay! You're mobile again! :) You'll be pointing your toes in no time. ;)

I know those little guys as roly polies or doodlebugs. Makes me think of Tuck and Roll, the funny pill bugs in "A Bug's Life."