Sunday, August 10, 2014

BeLeaf Jewelry Etsy Review

Over a year ago I bought some septum jewelry from BeLeaf Jewelry, on Etsy. Since it's been over a year, I can say with confidence that these rings are awesome!!

BeLeaf offers handmade jewelry in gold or silver, with tribal and indian designs. There are plugs for ear gauges, septum, nose, earrings  and pendants too! I really love the indian style that this store offers, and I chose the 'Shashi' septum design to buy.

I started a conversation to the shop owner/jewelry creator, Josephine Gare, to ask about getting a Shashi piece in 12 gauge sterling silver (I don't like gold). Josephine was very accommodating, and suggested that I get two 18 gauge pieces to wear together, because the rings need to be thin in order to bend properly. I was really excited about the idea a layered piece, and the price was low because there was no gold involved.

Here they are!
I've had no trouble wearing these over the year. I clean them once every few months with a polishing cloth that was included in the package.

They open sideways, very bendy due to the thin metal. I use needle nose plyers so I don't warp them.

Here they are in my nose! They fit perfectly. They don't move around, and only need readjusting if I blow my nose.
Please avert your eyes from my huge pores :)

Overall, I really love these. BeLeaf has some other awesome designs that I would love to try in the future. If you're looking for unique nose jewelry I highly suggest BeLeaf.
I love how everything is handmade, I would love to have skills like her!

6 comments:

Sylvie said...

Wow! I love your piercings! Gorgeous!

5th Avenue Goth said...

looks awesome! I was looking for these types of septum rings--I can't stand clickers and cbrs

linnea-maria said...

Your piercins looks great!! Please show us a full face view soon. It's nice how the loops follows the nostrils.

Fiona C. said...

Oh man, these are gorgeous! I'd be tempted to get a pair and modify them for clip-on wear, they're that nice.

Natalie Mulford said...

Oh wow! They look amazing! I will have to check out the store, I've just started wearing jewellery in my septum piercing again. I really love the layered look!

Natalie Mulford said...

Oh wow! They look amazing! I will have to check out the store, I've just started wearing jewellery in my septum piercing again. I really love the layered look!